Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Iron Maiden slushfest


From Fiera Race Team
After a quick trip back to Edmonton for my convocation, I returned to Canmore during monsoon season. I didn't even bother riding on Friday as it rained hard all day. Saturday morning, it started to snow. I usually ride up to the nordic centre when I race there, but I wasn't very motivated to get any colder and wetter than I needed to.

Anyways, didn't get in much of a warmup and we were off for our shortened race. The organizers had decided to make the course much easier than in previous years, so it was mostly rideable in the horrendous conditions (maybe softening the course and mentioning on your website how the weather cannot possible be worse than last year is not a good idea?).

-It took me almost a lap to get into race mode, but after I started hammering the hills, I felt better on the singletrack
-Unfortunately, I broke my chain after Devonian drop. I fixed it, then I had an over the bars crash in a puddle, then I realized that my brake pads were worn out. Finally, a good excuse to quit and put on some warm clothes.

Went for a ride up to Highwood with Malcolm to check things out.



the verdict? don't put away the ski gear just yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment