Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dogtooth Dash

I skipped the Whitefish Whiteout to get over an annoying sickness that I'd been dragging along. Sounds like I missed another Philipp beatdown, but in the much deeper local field that Whitefish usually attracts. Great skimo community in Montana.

Fresh snow the night before a race created white-knuckle driving, and some highway closures if you were unlucky. A decision was made to modify the course to instead have 2 laps of the shorter Enduro course. I actually enjoyed this format as the skintracks improved greatly for the 2nd lap.

Nick Elson had a great race as he was able to stick with Philipp until the final climb when he blew a skin. I finished 6th. Some photos by Malcolm Taylor:

The bootpack was steep and on the 2nd lap, it was right before the finish!

The descent was soft on the first lap, more rocks showed up for lap 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment