Sunday, March 6, 2016

Casual skiing.

There was a period in my skiing where I was trying to push my limits, skiing stuff like Mt. Smuts, Narao Couloir, etc...After reverting back to weekend warrior status, I'm finding I'm not getting comfortable enough with the snowpack or my skiing abilities to push things even further. Instead, I've been enjoying skiing stuff in great conditions with my friends, working my way through the guidebook classics, exploring new terrain or rallying things on the ski-mo skis.


Or instead of pushing the slope angles, pushing to the next slope.


Revisiting my favourite run, the excitement and uncertainty of that first run long gone.


Crushing vert with friends instead of puckering up. Skimo racing is the perfect diversion before avalanche conditions improve in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment